We are recruiting! This is a fabulous opportunity to join the PlayTalkRead roadshow team. We travel throughout Scotland on our bespoke play vehicles delivering positive....
Read More →
What are ‘Play Rangers’?
Play Rangers are dedicated staff and volunteers supporting children to play out in their own streets and parks. We facilitate play outside in local communities by providing resources and ideas to encourage exciting, active and socially bonding play opportunities for 5 to 13 year olds. All children have to do is bring their imagination and lots of fun will be had by all.
We are not childcare, but offer parents reassurance and children an environment where they can feel comfortable to join in, utilise their local community spaces, meet new people and have fun.
Sample of activities:
• Traditional games – rounders, dodgeball, hula and many more.
• Den building – utilising natural spaces and some scrap materials such as cardboard, blankets and pegs etc.
• Water play – cascades, tarpaulins, guttering, slides.
• Arts and crafts – painting, leaf rubbing, wind chimes and much more.
• Challenging play – obstacles courses, balancing and juggling.
• And many, many more activities to stimulate the imagination, build team skills and support the overall development of children and their wellbeing.
Health and safety:
We carry out a full risk assessment of the area prior to delivering sessions. We take children’s safety very seriously and have a number of policies and procedures to follow.