We are recruiting! This is a fabulous opportunity to join the PlayTalkRead roadshow team. We travel throughout Scotland on our bespoke play vehicles delivering positive....
Read More →
Smart Play Network (“we”) provide services to you which means we need to get, keep and process data relating to you. We may get this data directly from you or from somebody else (e.g. an ex employer or from a professional that has referred you (with your permission) to us). We only hold the minimum amount of data in order for our organisation to be effective in supporting you or others. For most people, the data we hold is very little.
We get, keep and process this data as part of our legitimate interests, such as being able to communicate our services to you, or connect you with others that we think you would be interested in connecting with. Our commitment with regards to your data;
In relation to our members
• We will hold data provided by you in relation to your projects / services or the work you are involved in.
• We will use this data to communicate with you on topics that we think will help and support your work. This will include regular newsletters and information on upcoming events and resources.
• We will not pass your data on to any third party. As part of our services, we will if requested or with your agreement, share information about your activities amongst our network of members.
In relation to service users (children and families using our projects)
Play on Wheels
• Data can include contact information: name of child, name of parent, and email address. These details are used for monitoring the effectiveness of our delivery and to gather follow up feedback on the impact of the service.
• We ask visitors to PlayTalkRead to fill in a survey, which asks for your postcode and your email address. These details are used for monitoring the effectiveness of our delivery and to gather follow up feedback on the impact of the service.
• On our sensory and targeted tours, we may ask you for additional information such as name of parent, name of child, the additional need of the child and /or parent, age of child, and emergency contact details. This will be used to tailor our service to your needs, develop appropriate activities, and contact a parent / carer in case of an emergency.
• We will keep information on the name of the child, their address, and a name and contact number for an emergency contact. We will only use this if there is an incident or accident at our session.
Play Plus Toy Library
• We record contact details including names and addresses of adult(s), and first name of child(ren) and date of birth that join our toy library as a member.
Photographs and Media
Photographs and videos will not be taken without the completion and signature on a consent form which will include contact details. If consent is not given, photographs and videos will not be taken of a child. We will only share photographs and videos (on our materials, social media and website) if consent is given to do so.
In relation to non-service users (staff, agencies and other contacts)
• Data can include contact information, date of birth, health information, employment / work information and financial information (e.g. about your salary and where it is paid).
We do not send data outside the EU.
In an emergency, we may need to share data with other parties.
In all cases, we store your data securely and respect your confidentiality. After your connection with Smart Play Network is broken, we are allowed to keep your data only as long as is necessary. For us, this means usually for up to three further years, but can be longer where there is a legal requirement to do so.
In all cases, you will have the option to unsubscribe from our contact lists at any time.
We are Smart Play Network. If you want to contact us about any of this, please contact the Operations Manager (Strategic) at 16, Constitution Street, Edinburgh EH6 7BT, or by telephone on 0131 554 2620.